Our deposit and forfeit rules ensure that leagues run smoothly and are fair for everyone 🤝
If your team is short on players for a match, follow the protocol below (we understand that getting a team together can sometimes be like herding cats, so help where we can) 😺
- All teams must pay a refundable deposit to enter a league.
- To receive a full refund of the deposit, teams must ensure that all match fees are paid in full for every match of their season.
- Teams must turn up to all of their fixtures or pay any applicable match forfeits for missing matches (see below) before they can receive their deposit back.
- When registering for a league, a team commits to a whole season and will only receive their deposit back once a season is complete or (if they cannot continue) can (themselves) find a suitable replacement team.
- It will be assumed that a team will continue on to the next season with their deposit rolling over to the new season.
- A team must give their respective league manager at least 10 days notice (from the last matchday of the league’s season) if they do not want to continue to the next season.
- A team’s deposit must remain at the original total and be replenished if it’s reduced in any way before a team’s next match.
The following rules are designed to ensure that no opposition is left without a game and fixtures run smoothly. For repeated absence, offending teams may be removed from a league.
- If a team fails to turn up for a fixture without informing a league manager a minimum of 48 hrs prior to their Kickoff time, they pay for the whole match (both team fees) and forfeit the match 0-10.
- If a league manager is informed that a team can’t make a fixture a week (or more) prior to kick off time, the team pay for their match fees only and forfeit match 0-10
* If a team forfeits a match and there are applicable fees, they must top up your deposit (to original amount) before the next match. More information on T&Cs can be found here.
Short on players protocol
In this situation, it’s always much better to get a game going, even if its just 2 or 3 regular players representing your team. so please follow the protocol below:
- Post on the players Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
groups/ultimate5aside/(post your games KO time, venue and the match fees that will be expected of the player and when desperate offer free fees!)
- Email your league manager to ask if anyone within the 5aside.com network is available to play *Note that it is not their responsibility to gather players for your team and this option is often not feasible.
- Bring in other team’s players at the league venue – There will almost always be players from other teams wanting more game time. So ask players who are on the sidelines waiting for their match to start or finish.
- Let the ref know that you need ringers. Do this before your game is set to start to allow time for him to ask for ringers from other teams.
- If you think that you still won’t have enough players (even after the above protocol has been considered) then please email your league manager that you would like to forfeit the match and accept the applicable penalty(s) incurred which are explained above.